Fashion and travel combine in Europe so if you want to blend in without crumpling all your designer togs or risk having them nicked from hostel laundries, then this list will help you pack for those sleek Euro capitals.
1. Pack a chic accessory – a bright scarf, matching gloves, a hat, a killer bag, hot shoes, a trophy dog, etc (this is good advice for men too – see pic left).
2. Take a summer wrap for covering your shoulders when entering churches. You may also need to wear longer trousers or skirts. For stricter Vatican dress codes, Travelista has the lowdown.
3. Bring something classically tailored, like a fitted jacket, or pencil or A-line skirt, and mix in with a trendy top or bottom.
4. Invest in some Capri pants or cut-offs for riding round town on your rent-a-Vespa.
5. Take smarter cuts of jean, ie, leave the ancient baggies at home.
6. Pack a pretty travel dress for those Audrey Hepburn moments.
7. Wear lipstick, gloss and big sunglasses.
8. Bring a comfortable pair of ballerina flatties and/or low-heel boots for all the walking tours and Before Sunrise moments.
9. Dust off your old leather biker jacket – they’re creeping back into fashion all over Europe including the UK.
10. Tie, pin up or sleek back long hair. Save the loose locks for the beach.
For the latest street styles and fashion trends in Europe, check out Travelista.com or, for packing help, click on the ‘Europe’ or individual country tabs on this site. For Euro fashion faux pas (or are they!), read this!